Saturday, June 3, 2017

Food and, well other stuff

Had some Chinese food a few nights ago.  The food was excellent, although the restaurant is some distance from my house.  My dilemma had little to do with the food.  A young man was busing tables and was not attending to ours.  He bore a considerable likeness to the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, although slightly younger. This fellow was in in his early twenties and the real one is in his mid thirties.  He had the same  hair style and was dressed with the stylish over shirt the dictator frequents.  

Hence my dilemma.  Tucson is a college town. Young people need to stretch the envelope on social mores at times. On the other hand, this is a place of public accommodation.  Kim Jong Un is a despicable man who has ordered untold numbers murdered, including his own brother and uncle. It's not much different than if somebody was running around trying to look like Hitler.  So, do I complain to management or just ignore it?  I chose to ignore it.  Nobody else in the place seemed at all bothered by this. I'm still not sure I made the right decision.

Kim Jong Un



No comments:

Post a Comment